In Saturday s freeski superpipe competition, 16-year-old Rockport, Mass.-native Wall impressed the judges at Killington, executing a clean run that included a 900 and a rodeo flatspin to earn a score of 79.33.
This was a great contest today, said Wall. Now I m super stoked for the Finals!
In the men s snowboard superpipe competition, Saddle River, N.J.-native Perle, 15, earned the victory with an 86.67, landing a frontside 540 followed by a backside 900 in his top run. Novello, a 15 year old from West Windsor, Vt., punched her ticket to the Gatorade Free Flow Tour Finals in the women s contest, using a amplitude on her backside airs to clinch the win with an 86.33.
I just went out and had fun today, said Perle. Now I have to keep training to get ready for Mount Snow.
Blue skies and high fives, added Novello. Enough said!
The events transitioned to the slopestyle course for Sunday, with Engen claiming the freeski win. The 20 year old from Wellesley, Mass. used a switch 720 as well as a switch rodeo directly into a 900 to earn an 84.00 and the win over the field of amateurs.
Psyched to get the win! said Engen. Finals are coming up real soon, so I have to train for the big Dew Tour course.
Wiggins, a 15 year old from East Greenwich, R.I., used a front 720 mute and a cab 540 to best the field with a 79.67, while Novello s amplitude again won the day, and the 15 year old became the first competitor to win multiple contests on the Gatorade Free Flow Tour, taking the women s snowboard slopestyle competition with a 79.67.
I had a great time today, added Wiggins. The course was really fun, and I m stoked to win!
I can t believe I won both days, said Novello. I m so excited to see the Dew Tour and compete on both courses!
Gatorade Free Flow Tour Killington Resort Results
Saturday-Sunday, January 23-24, 2010
Saturday, Jan. 23
1. Brendan Wall, Rockport, Mass., 79.33. 2. Colby Vavolotis, Rehoboth, Mass., 76.33. 3. Alex Gorham, Stowe, Vt., 72.00. 4. Kyle Keating, Rockport, Mass., 70.33. 5. Daniel Rosenblum, Stanford, Conn., 69.33.
Men s Snowboard Superpipe
1. Mike Perle, Saddle River, N.J., 86.67. 2. Benji Farrow, Mount Holly, Vt., 85.67. 3. Merrick Joyce, Laconia, N.H., 84.67. 4. Hunter Wood, Fischers, Ind., 83.67. 5. Alex Rodway, Rangeley, Maine.
Women s Snowboard Superpipe
1. Phoebe Novello, West Windsor, Vt. 86.33. 2. Kylie Kennedy, Branford, Conn., 84.00. 3. Karen Kobayashi, Rye, N.H., 79.33. 4. Lena Kuchera, New York, N.Y., 77.67. 5. Olivia Wiggins, East Greenwich, R.I., 76.33.
Sunday, Jan. 24
1. Peter Engen, Wellesley, Mass., 84.00. 2. Scott Donahue, Trumbull, Conn., 82.33. 3. Will Hibbs, Jericho, Vt., 82.00. 4. Christian Schumaker, Ballston Lake, Vt., 81.67. 5. Alex Gorham, Stowe, Vt., 79.33.
Men s Snowboard Slopestyle
1. Kai Wiggins, East Greenwich, R.I., 79.67. 2. Alex Rodway, Rangeley, Maine, 79.33. 3. Colin Hart, Lexington, Mass., 78.67. 4. Eric Beauchemin, Stratton, Vt., 78.33. 5. John Murphy, Burlington, Vt., 77.33.
Women s Snowboard Slopestyle
1. Phoebe Novello, West Windsor, Vt. 79.67. 2. Kylie Kennedy, Branford, Conn., 79.00. 3. Olivia Wiggins, East Greenwich, R.I., 76.33. T-4. India Stephenson, Export, Pa., 74.00. T-4. Mary Rand, Sanderstown, R.I., 74.00.